The 斯坦纳学院赫里福德 offers a broad based education to children aged 3–16. The school’s ethos and educational approach are inspired by 鲁道夫·斯坦纳’s insights into child development and related pedagogical practice.
斯坦纳赫里福德学院旨在确保所有学生, 包括有特殊教育需要的人, 能接触到斯坦纳华德福的课程吗. 它致力于重视所有学生, 无论学术能力如何, 身体或情感属性, gender, culture, religious, 民族或社会经济背景. It recognises that all children have individual needs and that at some point in his/her school career any pupil may need additional support. 学校试图以适合孩子年龄的方式满足这些需求, 发展阶段和个人环境.
学校雇佣全班学生, 混合能力教学贯穿始终, 这意味着老师的输入是非常有想象力的吗, 所有能力和学习方式都有吸引力和包容性.
根据需要从这个共享输入中区分任务, 课堂助理随时待命, 了解个别情况下可能需要的协助并向其简要介绍.
The 斯坦纳学院赫里福德 aims to provide a technology free environment for pupils from the ages of 3 – 12. In those years classrooms are not equipped with interactive whiteboards and pupils have no access to computers. ICT is introduced gradually from year 7 onwards and pupils with SEND may have access to assistive technology in the classroom from Year 9.
- 可为所有4个主要需求领域提供支持. 部分学童目前已参加长者健康计划.
The School 特殊教育需求和残疾政策，2023年1月 详细列出评估需要的安排.
The School has two Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCos) to cover the different age groups and a SEND Officer for 幼儿园 children. 请致电01981 540221与学校的SENCos交谈:
莎拉席尔德 -早期教育和初级教育SENDCo， email@example.com
SENCos与教牧主任教师密切合作, 卡罗尔·柯克和保卫队长, Wendy Lane, 谁对卫生负责, 福利和保障问题, 包括EHA(早期帮助评估), and works with pupils who have Social Emotional and/or Mental Health difficulties.
学院的录取安排 are written with reference to the Admissions Code 2021 which states that admission authorities must not discriminate against or disadvantage disabled children, 有特殊教育需要的人士, or those applying for admission outside their normal age group where an admission authority has agreed to this.
- Electronic communication – parents are encouraged to contact their child’s Class Teacher/Guardian by email if they have questions regarding their progress.
- Meetings arranged by appointment with Class Teacher, SENCo and/or other relevant staff members
- 学生的意见被考虑在内, 以适合年龄的方式, 在组织支持他们的需求时.
- 鼓励学生与班主任/监护人分享任何担忧, 学习支援人员, 他们的SENCo和/或牧领老师
- Most pupils on the SEND Register work regularly with their Learning Support Assistants, 教师或治疗师, 这让他们有机会讨论自己的需求和困难.
斯坦纳学院赫里福德 has a whole school approach to teaching pupils with SEND.
- Whole school policies are evaluated annually to ensure inclusion and progress of pupils with SEND.
- Staff undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD) in relation to SEND and are able to offer support and guidance to pupils.
- All staff have completed CPD in relation to meeting pupils’ needs within the classroom and there is an on-going programme to update these skills.
- All teachers model ‘Quality First Teaching’ to ensure appropriate support is offered from the outset to engage pupils in the learning process.
- All support staff are effectively deployed and supported to ensure pupil progress, 独立和物有所值.
How is the teaching and learning environment adapted to meet the needs of pupils with SEND?
Adaptations to the teaching and learning environment vary according the specific needs of the individual child.
- Planned seating arrangements are designed to support pupils’ communication and interaction with one another, 为了社交和学习目的.
- 在课堂上，学生们被鼓励与同桌一起学习, in small peer groups or as members of the whole class – supported as necessary by Class Teacher or Learning Support Assistant (LSA). This ensures that communication and interaction takes place between pupils as well as with adults.
- Targeted intervention programmes are delivered to pupils to improve skills in a variety of areas.
- Targeted learning intervention programmes are delivered to pupils to improve skills in a variety of areas.
- These interventions include desk-side support and group work both within and outside the classroom with Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) or Teachers. 在某些情况下, individual tailored 1-1 or group sessions take place with a Learning Support Teacher, 退出教室.
- Careful planning takes place so as to interfere as little as possible with the pupil’s work as part of their class.
- Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural development is intrinsic to all teaching and learning within the school and as such the school ethos values all pupils and their diverse abilities.
- The school encourages peer friendships and aspires to ensure that no pupil feels isolated.
- The behaviour policy identifies reasonable adjustments to ensure the need for exclusion is minimised.
- Risk assessments effectively ensure that action is taken to increase the safety and inclusion of all pupils in all activities.
- Behaviour management systems in school are based upon encouraging pupils to make positive decisions about behavioural choices. A supervised quiet space for time out of lessons is available for pupils who need it.
- The school provides effective pastoral care for all its pupils and every endeavour is made to support individual needs.
- External support is sought and any advice implemented to support individual pupils’ needs.
- The Student Council encourages pupils to suggest changes to school practices and procedures and encourages a greater level of involvement.
- 小组计划, 由领教老师带领, 能否传授给学生以提高社交技能和情绪适应能力.
- 施泰纳课程提供了许多户外学习的机会, 它支持学生的社交活动, 情感和行为需求.
- A variety of lunch-time clubs are available for those pupils who prefer less vigorous activity.
- The school ensures that parents/carers work in partnership with it to support pupils.
- Advice and guidance is sought from the Local Authority Specialist Teachers and implemented to ensure that barriers to success are reduced or removed.
- Advice and guidance is sought and implemented to respond to pupils who have significant medical needs e.g. 哮喘，糖尿病，限制生命的条件.
- Staff receive training to ensure understanding of the impact of a sensory need upon teaching and learning e.g. 听力障碍意识.
- Additional adults are deployed to increase pupil success and independence where necessary. The SENCos and/or 田园铅 Teacher complete any necessary training in order to ensure their effectiveness in offering advice and guidance to staff regarding the needs of pupils.
- SENDCos and teachers meet regularly over each half-term to discuss pupil progress and to assess the individual needs of pupils.
- Reading Screening tests are carried out once a year and provide us with a reading age for each pupil.
- 一旦一个学生被分配为需要一些支持, 这将被记录在明升体育app整个学校的学生和学者登记簿上.
- Any child who reaches the SEN Support level 2 threshold or above in learning support needs, 会否每年进行一次WRAT测试, 直到他们从森登记册上注销.
- 这个测试给了明升体育app阅读的标准化结果, spelling and maths and is recorded on a Pupil Progress sheet to enable us to map progression.
- Pupils receiving learning support interventions are continually monitored and are reviewed regularly per half-term or block of intervention, 所有与他们一起工作的教师与SENDCo协商.
- In addition, the Cognitive Abilities Test (CAT4) is an assessment that is designed to help students and their teachers understand how they learn and what their academic potential might be. 这个测试在六班进行，在秋/冬季学期在八班再次进行.
- 作为师范学校自我发展和自我回顾周期的一部分, the data from teacher assessment and screening results are used to evaluate the effectiveness of the provision for all pupils with SEND.
- The SENCos, 教与学领导定期开会讨论, plan, 审核和评估学校内部的SEND条款. This is shared with the Academy Leadership Team which is fully involved with this process.
- 由SENCos组成的支持小组, 维护领导, 田园铅, 上下学领导, 教与学领导也定期开会讨论, plan, 审核和评估学校内部的SEND条款.
- SEND链接管理者在与有SEND的学生一起工作方面经验丰富. They ensure that high quality SEND provision remains a priority within the school, and hold regular meetings with the SENCos to discuss and plan effectiveness and progress in the SEN department.
All staff are teachers of all SEND pupils and regular training on SEND strategies is provided.
- SENCos定期进行CPD，以跟上变化和发展. 他们都将在2022-23年开始NASENCo课程.
- The school has a team of well qualified and effective teaching assistants who deliver desk-side support in class and may also work one-to-one or in small groups as directed by the teacher.
How does the school enable pupils with SEND to participate fully in the activities of the school community?
It is anticipated that all pupils will be involved in all aspects of the work of their class, 不考虑发送. 这包括旅行, 季节性的节日, plays, 表演及集会, 除了所有的艺术课程, 手工艺和运动. 有SEND的学生在没有帮助的情况下无法参与, 一个学习支持助手(LSA)被部署来帮助他们.
Break times are supervised by teachers who are aware of possible difficulties with inclusion and prepared to circumvent them, 必要时进行干预.
Behaviour and anti-bullying policies are evaluated regularly with a focus on the impact upon pupils with SEND.
Access to teaching and learning for pupils with SEND is monitored through the school’s self-evaluation processes.
Teaching resources are routinely evaluated to ensure they are accessible to pupils with SEND.
- All teachers and support staff regard the emotional and social health of the pupils as their highest priority.
- Social and Emotional Intelligence is modelled by all staff and interwoven into the delivery of lessons, 因为它是施泰纳华德福课程和教学方法中不可或缺的一部分.
- The Designated 维护领导 and the 田园铅 Teacher are trained and act as EHA lead professionals.
- The Designated 维护领导 and 田园铅 Teacher are trained in working with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties and is available to any child who may need their support, 不论已识别的发送.
- Where appropriate, pupils are referred to the School Nurse and Well-Being and Emotional Support Team.
On which External Agencies can the school call for additional help for pupils with SEND?
A full list of services available can be found on the Herefordshire Council website at www.赫里福郡.gov.uk
9班参加了三所学院开放日的实践品尝会, 由赫里福德六年级学院主办, 赫里福德郡勒德洛学院和赫里福德艺术学院.
每年夏天，学校都会有一个16岁后的晚会, 邀请赫里福德郡的所有供应商参加, 包括哈特普里学院和学徒机构.
Additional visits can be arranged for SEND students, as and when this is appropriate.
有关职业的更多信息，请访问明升体育app的 职业网页 and see our 职业生涯策略 .
What are the arrangements for handling complaints from the parents of pupils with SEND?
In the first instance parents are encouraged to bring their concerns to their child’s Class Teacher/Guardian and/or the relevant SENCo. A meeting may be arranged at which their issues will be discussed and, it is hoped, resolved.
In the event that this is not successful the matter should be referred to the Principal, 凯特·安德鲁斯.
What support is available to parents in addition to that which is offered by the school?
Herefordshire SENDIAS provides an impartial and confidential support service for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. 更多信息可以在赫里福德郡议会网站www上找到.赫里福郡.gov.uk